Black bean brownies are a delicious way to add good nutrition into a yummy treat. The rich and fudgy taste will pleasantly surprise anyone who has not tried these before.
Black bean brownies
Yields: 12 brownies
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup black beans, cooked
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Butter, for greasing
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup icing sugar, for dusting
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the insides of a 9’’ wide square baking pan with a small knob of butter and set aside.
- Dump the black beans into a food processor, along with the oil and blitz them together into a smooth puree.
- Crack the eggs into it, followed by sugar, cocoa, coffee as well as a splash of vanilla extract and set aside.
- Melt half of the chocolate chips in a double boiler and pour it into the blender.
- Pulse them at moderately high speed, until they blend together into a smooth mixture.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl and stir in the baking powder plus a dash of salt until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet one, in batches, while folding it into the mixture after each addition, until all of it is fully incorporated to form a uniform, smooth batter.
- Sprinkle rest of the chocolate chips into it and stir them into the batter until mixed properly.
- Tip the batter into the prepared dish and bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes or until is baked through and the surface appears matte in texture.
- Set aside in a wire rack for 15 minutes to cool slightly and remove from the pan before cooling it further to room temperature.
- Cut the slab into medium-sized squares and dust them with icing sugar to cover completely.
- Serve and enjoy!